Booklet, Magazine & Catalogue Printing
Economical booklet & catalogue printing is one of the cornerstones of successful advertising, marketing and customer contact.
We have been designing and printing booklets, magazines & catalogues in small quantities through to bulk orders for many years. We can create a booklet with two or more sheets (up to 64 pages) bound together with two staples in the spine know as “saddle stitch” or publications of 64 pages or more we recommend it be wire bound or glued at the spine, know as “perfect bound books”.
Common booklet & catalogue sizes:
- A4 booklets (210x297mm)
size of A3 open (420mm x 297mm)
- A5 booklets (148x210mm)
size of A4 open (297mm x 210mm)
- DL booklets (99x210mm)
2/3rds of A4 open (198mm x 210mm)
If the booklet or catalogue is to be sent by way of mail or letterbox-drop, then we suggest you use the smaller A5 or DL size booklet.
If the booklet or catalogue is at a point of sale, then consider the larger A4 catalogue or booklet for a greater impact.
We strongly recommend high resolution PDF files prepared to industry specifications for best results, a CMYK colour PDF print ready file with bleed and all fonts embedded. File prep specs can be and other helpful information can be found here.
Proofs can be sent by email at low resolution for fast delivery/turnaround.
Helpful tips for booklet & catalogue printing:
- Artwork for booklets & catalogues should be set up as multi-page PDF with pages in order (eg 1-16).
- Booklets must contain a minimum 5mm bleed to allow for folding and trimming. Booklets over 32 pages will need to have an allowance made for creep.
- Avoid screen (computer monitor) resolution images and compressed images copied from the internet.
- All fonts need to be embedded or outlined
- Avoid fine lines & text – keep important information bold & easy to read.
- Carefully check correct spelling of names, address, phone numbers, email and web contacts.